Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Veggie Grill Packs


We grill all year 'round.
Sometimes we have to shovel the snow off the deck to do it,
but we persevere.
If I had a picture...I would show you.
It's kind of funny.
 


Sometimes I just hate having to cook stuff inside
while also tending to the meat on the grill.

The solution?
Veggie grill packs. :)

You can use whatever you like.
These included potatoes, bell peppers,
onions, and mushrooms.

You want your potatoes to cook in the same
amount of time as the rest of your veggies.
So make sure you cut them relatively small...
maybe 1 1/2 inches cubed, if that.

You can place some pats of butter on top
or drizzle with olive oil.

A little salt and seasonings...maybe some
Parmesan and you're good to go.


Once you fold over your foil,
roll up the edges really well to seal it all in.

I didn't take a picture of the rolled up packet.
I am so ashamed.

Anyway...
place on a hot grill for 12-15 minutes per side...
or until your potatoes are tender.

Love me tender, love me sweet,
even if I forget to take pictures of important steps,
Never let me go.


These will be hot and steamy,
kinda like a young Elvis...
so be careful when you open them up.

Feel free to change the veggies...
add zucchini, green beans, whatever floats your boat.

It will all be good.

So, what would you put in your pack?

©Kelly
 
Firing up the barbie here:
 

7 comments:

  1. Too yummy! We grill all year round too, also shoveling snow when necessary. I do say that I have to switch out my grills though. I'm a purist and prefer charcoal but it's darn hard to start charcoal in the winter so I put it to bed and pull the gas grill up on the deck.

    I would probably use the same veggies but use cheddar cheese instead. How about mushrooms and onions??? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great and I think grilling in the snow sounds wonderful,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a great idea. You are making hungry. We could use more veggies in our lives.
    I am your newest follower. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,

    What a fabulous idea! Now I've just done baked potatoes ... oh, and garlic. Love this idea and love the easy clean up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.My.Gosh. These look delish! Will definitely be trying these out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cooking with foil packs. This is a great idea! Pinning!
    Kristin from DizzyBusyandHungry.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that you cook yaer round even if it requires shoveling snow. We do the same thing! Thank you for sharing your grilled veggie packs - they are so good prepared this way. Thank you for sharing on the BBQ Block Party. Have a great holiday weekend!
    Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.