Saturday, September 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Oat Bars


Looking for a healthier snack for after school...after work....
after falling asleep at the computer and drooling all over your keyboard?

No, that did NOT happen to me.
I swear.


These are totally yummy and I consider them "wholesome."
After all, we're talking natural ingredients mixed together with love.

Joy to the world, all the boys and girls.

Say "hi" ~ I'm in the spoon!



A little protein, a little fruit...throw in some whole grain oats...


...and you've got yourself a moist and delicious snack bar.

Yes...I got a new square baker...yay, me!!!


They kind of remind me of more of a muffin texture,
so they're not hard by any means.

Soft and a little crumbly...great with milk.


Ready?
Get your mixing bowls...


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups quick oats (or regular rolled oats)
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 large mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
What to do:
  • Mix the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
  • Add in the vanilla, milk and egg.  Then the mashed banana and peanut butter.
  • Mix all together.
  • Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
  • Bake at 350° for 20 minutes until golden.
  • Cool and cut into squares...then eat!


adapted from Gingerbread Bagels

Happy Baking!!!



Sharing here:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    These look absolutely scrumptious and wholesome too. Darn I just threw out bananas yesterday???
    I will try it next week.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment. I am now a follower.
    Have a great evening,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious!! I love anything peanut butter/banana. Yum! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound full of yummy goodness. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm your newest follower:) I'd love if you'd follow be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Afternoon Kelly, What a perfect afternoon treat.... these oat bars would certainly alleviate my afternoon slumps and give me a little more energy.
    I have written down the recipe and I will certainly be making some of these lovely treats.
    It is lovely to meet you and I have enjoyed my visit so I have become a new follower.
    Best Wishes to you,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.