Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Master Bath mini makeover ~ part 2, the reveal


Oh.my.goodness.  It's been a while.  Graduation kicked my butt.
We hosted an "art gallery showing" of my daughter's artwork for her party.
It's been over a week and my living room is still not back to normal.
Crazy.

Anyway...


When we last saw our hero, there was chaos in the master bath...
and a tub full of corresponding accoutrements.

We actually finished this project in April sometime...but life has been busy for the moon AND me.

Well, after those gazillion coats of poly, it was time to move on to the cabinets.
I have a picture of them in the process of being painted,
but you really don't want to see that.

I cleaned them all with Krud Kutter and used a liquid sander/deglosser on them.
I probably should have lightly sanded them, but I didn't.
They're still doing great, but it's not like we stab
them with sharp things on a daily basis either.

I primed them with Kilz, but may use something else next time...hmmm...
like maybe some that's specifically meant to use on glossy surfaces?  Huh.

The paint color is Sherwin-Williams creamy.
It's a perfect cream, in my opinion...not too yellow or too grey.


I glazed everything...doors, drawers, main cabinet.
These are the Asphaltum antiquing glaze and Mocha translucent glaze.
I wasn't happy with either one of these colors alone.
One was too black, the other too light brown.
Well, the obvious solution? Mix them together...equal parts.
PERFECT!


You have to wait a couple days before sealing when you use the glazes...
so I couldn't put the hardware on right away.
Bummer.

I found all the cabinet hardware here and I would
TOTALLY buy from them again.
The prices are unbeatable...they ship fast...and I am so in love.

SO, now on to the finished pics...there are several because I do so completely love it!









In this pic below you can see the new pots I painted with the
Oil Rubbed Bronze to take the place of the others that went to the guest room.
Now they're matchy matchy.


Remember that ugly light fixture?

It's amazing what a little ORB spray paint will do!
I'm almost ready to say I don't ever need to replace it!
But let's not get too hasty.  It really is too small for a vanity this wide.


Aaaaand...here are the before and afters:



If we hadn't replaced the faucets, we would have kept it under $100.
I think the finished amount was somewhere around $175
for all the supplies I didn't already have
on hand plus the hardware and faucets.
Not too shabby. :)

I hope you have enjoyed this little adventure with me.
If you missed the first post with the counter top...check it out here!

Let's hope it's not another month before I get the laundry room posted.
You're gonna love it! But probably not as much as I do. :)

Have a great week!


I'm linking up here:

 
 



TDC Before and After
party here
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia I Heart Nap Time

37 comments:

  1. Great job! I'm really impressed. What a difference a little paint will make.

    I found you via Thrifty Decor Chick, and I'm adding myself as a follower. Nice to "meet" you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, and wow! Looking at that before, I can see why you're so pleased with the after ... I mean, I'm thrilled with the after. Gorgeous! And thrifty! My two faves ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great before and after! Thanks for stopping by Navy Bean Lane ... consider myself your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great transformation, I am a fan of the darker colors, but the entire room looks superb! : )..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great makeover! It looks so bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always looking for bathroom makeovers! we are finishing our second bathroom in the last year, the second being a gut job...your looks great! love the new look

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the middle of a mini makeover in my bathroom, also. I love how yours turned out! You have a lot of really nice touches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great! We're re-doing our master bath and it's taking FOREVERRRR! I love all of the changes but especially the cabinets! You're right mixing the two made the glaze just right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot say enough about your bathroom! It is absolutely gorgeous from top to bottom. I am still working up the courage to paint my basic builder oak cabinets and this may just be the nudge I needed - now to convince my "wood should never be painted" hubby! Thanks for visiting my blog too - following you! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous bathroom makeover! I love how it totally transformed into an updated bath on a budget. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I chose you as my newbie spotlight this week, come and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I have seen these glazes and wondered, now I know! Awesome, found you at Debbiedoo's Newbie spotlight!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic transformation and on a budget! I've got a mirror in my children's bathroom I plan on framing out..thanks for the tips. Visiting from Debbiedoo's Newbie Party, so happy to be now following! :-)
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miraculous Ttansformation...

    2 years ago I did the same to my entire kitchen so I understand your Joy. I still smile every morning when I see it as I come to get my coffee.. ahhh what paint can do..

    enjoy every moment, it really looks fabulous.

    visiting from DebbieDoo's Newbee feature
    your newest follower
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great and priced right too. Shows what elbow grease and a vision can accomplish.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning makeover, and at an awesome price. Congrats on your spotlight at Debbies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure looks great! All your work really paid off. What a pretty new space to enjoy =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. That looks so fantastic! I love the white cabinets with the dark hardware.. i think that is my favorite part of the whole thing, but there isn't anything I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a beautiful transformation! Amazing what a little paint & some detail (and work!) can do. Congrats on being in the Newbie Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  20. BEAUTIFUL transformation!! Just saw you spotlighted @ Debbie's:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a wonderful transformation!!! I am painting our cabinets right now as well, I just love yours!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kelly! This a fantastic makeover! Just a wonderful transformation. I love the handles that you chose...very classy. I saw your post as a result of Debbiedoos picking it as a favorite from the newbie party. I was so sad when I had to "graduate" from the newbie party (speaking of your daughter's graduation). Hey, I saw a couple of things that we have exactly alike...one is the white wooden box on your counter and the other is the long scroll-y wall hanging that I can see in the reflection of the mirror. I am following you now. I have been blogging for a little over a year and just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I came over to give you some bloggy love 'cause DebbieDoo said to....and when I got here, I fell in love with your cute blog.
    You did an awesome job on your bath. It looks like a million dollars.
    I am following you now. :))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! You did a fabulous job on all of it. Now, you can come over and help me, k? :-)

    Stopped by from Debbiedoo's and so happy I did. I'm a new follower and look forward to more of your creative talent.

    Stop by and say hi when you can!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, when Debbie says to go check out someone's blog, you just do it, because, well....because it's Debbie! So glad I did what she said. This is quite a makeover, Kelly, & you did an awesome job! I'm a new follower & look forward to seeing more from you, so go.....get creative!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much, everyone...for the sweet comments. We really are enjoying it...my daughter wants me to do her bathroom next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a terrific makeover and great job! Like the use of the dark drawer pulls against the white! Thank you for sharing your garden project at Potpourri Friday! Hoping you will make it a weekly or regular party stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm , very informative article! Thanks to author for it! Don't you think it's worth make a video on this article and post it on Instagram? You can also buy instagram followers in order to wind up their number for your account.

      Delete
  28. The added $75 didn’t go to waste; the transformation is perfect! My favorite is actually your countertop. It went amazingly well with your newly-painted light fixtures and the new frame of the bath mirror. You’ll never go wrong with a bold touch of brown!

    William Gulliver

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a difference! I love how this turned out! The frame around the mirror really makes it look custom and the new hardware is so pretty. I want to do a very similar makeover in our master bathroom--it for sure needs it!
    Would you mind to link this up to the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop? I would love to share this makeover with my readers!
    http://carriethishome.com/2014/02/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop-64/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome makeover!!! I love the glazed cabinets and hardware!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sumadhura Folium is a new apartment project launched by Sumadhura Properties Pvt.Ltd. There are 2 & 3 BHK plots for sale in Whitefield, Bengaluru. People are grabbing their dream homes from Sumadhura Folium because of the Pre Launch Offers and the trust on the Sumadhura developer and Builders.https://foliumsumadhura.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.